Tape Label Studio 2 released
2 years after the last stable release of Tape Label Studio 1 (Version 1.2.2 in April 2015) Tape Label Studio 2 is finally available! Two months ago we already released a beta version which was almost feature-complete. The now released final version contains only a few changes and a lot bug fixes.
Tape Label Studio 2’s data and code structures have been redesigned internally using .NET Framework 4.6, which is a requirement now, giving more flexibility, stability, enhanced speed and less code to maintain. The advanced mode has been rebuild from scratch. It does not rely on automatic mode any more but provides the same powerful features as before and many more. Tape Label Studio 2 now also offers tools to create continuous paper templates. To get you started Tape Label Studio comes with a Linear Tape Open LTO template for continuous paper rolls with a width of 76mm giving you the possibility to print endless LTO backup tape labels in a single job.
Since this is a major release, Tape Label Studio 1 licenses are not valid vor Tape Label Studio 2. If you bought a Tape Label Studio 1 license before you can check for an upgrade. All customers that bought Tape Label Studio 1 after April, 2nd 2016 get a free update when using this link.
Release Notes for Tape Label Studio 2.0.1:
- Fixed a bug in Settings dialog where all sections where name Text
- Fixed a bug in InfoLabel dialog where the current language pack wasn’t used at all
- Fixed a bug that occured when multiple language files with the same iso code existed
- Created new German translation
- Fixed a bug with utf-8 language files
- Fixed a bug with tooltips in language files
- When changing the language not all parts of TLS applied the change
- Fixed a bug in ColorStylesEditor where default color were not applied correctly
- Fixed a bug with applying language pack in BorderStyleDialog and PaperSizeDialog
- Fixed layout of BorderCornerStyleDialog
- Added PageLayoutDialog, moved PageLayout settings to new dialog
- Added label templates for 3592 tapes
- Added links to easily buy labels online
- Added possibility to add labels from any text file containing labels in advanced mode
- Improved overall speed of TLS using parallelization and multithreading
- Advanced mode with many labels is a lot faster now when changing only a few labels
- Removed the ultraslow list view from advanced mode and replaced it by a faster one
- Renewed saving and loading of labels at shutdown and startup by a new/save/load style of file handling giving the possibility to save your work anywhere
- Redesigned info label which is now a part of your current label document and not of the program settings anymore
- Introduced a new file type .tls which saves your work on a label document and its settings
- Added Delete button to Colorstyles, Borderstyles and Template Editors
- Redesigned template files offering more flexibility and functionality, old template files will still work
- Media type can be now be changed freely in automatic mode. Double click opens a list of available media types
- Removed external zip library and switched to .NET zip archive
- Added support for continuous paper
- Started implementing support for TapeManager
You can get this version in the download section.